Distinguished London residence
The earliest record of the property now known as Chilworth Court (125-129 Gloucester Terrace), was the 1851 census when it was occupied by a lady called Matilda Syott who lived there with her daughter. It remained a private residence throughout the second half of the 19th Century and early 20th Century. Other wealthy residents who lived here include several East India merchants, other businessmen, a well-known solicitor and a high-ranking army officer.
The building was first used as a privately owned hotel in the 1970s, listed as Casserly Court Hotel.
Following three years of renovation work, the newly refurbished Chilworth Court opened as serviced luxury apartments in May 2010.